Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Other option....I'm not sure...non-structured writing and I do not particularly get along.

I am not 100% sure where I am going with this. When I think of Ramage, I think of him taking us all into his Rhetorical world by force.


It was just like any other Tuesday night. I had just left my advanced comp. class and was fumbling to find my keys as I made my way across the dimly lit parking lot. It was 9 pm and dark, not just normal dark, ominous dark. I felt a presence as I was approaching my car, but shrugged it off as paranoia. I pressed the unlock button on my key and proceeded to open my driver’s side door. The last thing I remember is tossing my purse carelessly on my back seat, and then everything went black. When I came to my face was squashed up against a window with trees and houses whizzing by. I looked around attempting to assess my surroundings and realized that I was in a car, a car that wasn’t mine. As I turned to see the driver a sharp pain shot through the back of my head. I winced and felt what seemed to be a giant goose egg protruding out of the back of my skull. The man sitting next to me, driving the car, did not seem to notice I had regained consciousness. "Who the hell are you?" I asked with a combination of fear and curiosity. "It doesn't matter who I am, we are here to talk about you." He said. "Me, what the hell for!?" I replied more confused than anything else. "I have seen you around.” He said with a slight smirk. “Well that is just great, so what, are you going to kill me now?” “What!? No I am not going to kill you, I want to do is educate you.” He replied. “Excuse me? You felt the need to knock me unconscious and kidnap me so that you can educate me?” I said, half annoyed, half interested. “ Maybe this would make more sense if you knew who I was. I am John D. Ramage.” He said. “Whoa. You are the pompous ass that wrote Rhetoric: A User’s guide?” I said. “Yes and no. Yes I wrote that book and no I am not a pompous ass. You and I just need to have a talk, I think it is fairly clear that you would benefit from further explanation.” He said, calmly. “I would like and think I deserve a chance to explain myself.” “Fine, dude, whatever, but next time just suggest we get coffee or something else less painful and illegal.” I remarked. “Ok, I’ll keep that in mind, I just figured a cynic with a false sense of identity would appreciate my tactics.”
“False sense of identity huh, well listen to you, you do not even know me.” I said. “Oh Jamie please. I know you better than you think.” He replied.

No comments: