Monday, September 24, 2007

Just a beginning....

Here's a beginning for I what I think will become my Ramage paper....Keep an open mind:)

My heart pounded with anticipation as I stood in line at the airport waiting among the many tourists to begin my long, strenuous journey to Ramageland. I slowly unloaded my possessions onto the conveyor belt and stepped through the lighted archway. Now that I was considered safe to travel, I made my way to the terminal where I nervously awaited the departure of my flight.
“Now boarding, flight 123 en route to Ramageland,” a voice bellowed over the loud speaker. This was it; the beginning of my long journey. I boarded the plane and took my seat cautiously, observing all safety precautions. A man sat next to me. He was a tall, lanky character with thin wire glasses, gray hair combed perfectly to the side, and a pale complexion. He wore a collared shirt with a tie and a sweater vest. I introduced myself first.
“Hello,” I said. “My name is Erin.” He glared at me skeptically for a moment as if he was unsure if he should reply.
“My name is Anti Rhetoric,” he replied. “I’m a serious man. I am on my way to Ramageland to take part in a debate against rhetoric and the problems it causes in society.”
“Interesting,” I said with a slight grin on my face. I was headed to Ramageland for the direct opposite reason. The purpose of my voyage was to gain a better understanding of Rhetoric and its uses in every day society. Now I was quite nervous about my trip. After all, how comforting could it be sitting next to such a inflexible person?

No comments: