Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm Finally Writing a Post?!

So it has only taken me a week to get around to writing an intro! But I figured I can just add my thoughts on Ramage into this blog, in turn saving myself the trouble of writing a whole new entry. Anyway here is my intro. . .

My name is Mary Ellen Koning, and I'm a Secondary Education English major. I know my major is so unique compared to everyone else in our class. Haha. I am a junior, and I live in Golden Bear South. I come from a little town in northern New Jersey named Vernon, you've probably never heard of it, but that's okay. Back in Vernon, my parents and my sister, Lisa live. My sister is going into her senior year, and hopefully ends up at Kutztown next year. Here at Kutztown I am a sister of the Delta Zeta sorority, and I work in the English Department (because I really love spending 90% of my day in Lytle haha). When I'm older I want to join the Peace Corps and help out people in this world who are as fortunate as some of us are. I am obsessed with every kind of music, and it is a small victory for me when I find bands that no one else knows about. I am trying to learn how to cook, because my past attempts have proven I need more practice, so I religiously watch the Food Network Channel. If you have a slight obsession with this channel like me, then we should be friends, because most of mine make fun of me for this. Haha. Oh by the way I do that alot. As in the "haha", because in person and apparently on the computer I generally laugh alot. I probably should add that I always have an embarassing smile on my face too, I think I love life too much. Someone else wrote in their blog how they love the simple things in life, and I had to put this as well, because this is true for me. I despise people who waste their lives away worrying about petty things, and don't appreciate the days they do have. I make sure I make the most out of life, and usually can be caught with a camera in hand trying to capture every memory being made. I am easy going and friendly, so if you ever want someone to talk to I clearly can be that person because as you can see...I LOVE TO TALK! (well in this case write...but it amounts to the same idea).

So...I'm gonna start talking about Ramage, and stop talking about myself...haha...
At the begginning of my journey into the first 32 pages and towards the end, I found the Ramge text to be a bit dull. I think I felt this way because he made it clear that he was not going to just give us a clear definition of what rhetoric is. I was hoping for this, so this was a big dissapointment. However, Ramage did keep my attention during the Anti- Rhetoric Spokesperson section. I found his writing to be enjoyable and quite funny at times. Don't tell anyone but I would snicker to myself every once and a while (midly embarrassing). What I did take from this book thus far is my ability to see that rhetoric applies to everything in life, not just literature. This is something I hadn't thought of yet, but Ramage opened my eyes to this fact. I feel this post is somewhat incomplete because I don't feel I read enough to understand much about rhetoric. Part of Ramge's text was a little hard to understand, leaving me currently confused about some of it. I hope with the next reading my confusion clears up and I have a better understanding of rhetoric.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love the Food Network as well!!