Monday, January 22, 2007

*sigh*

I'm sitting here trying so very hard to overcome my allergy to reading(when it comes to homework, that is). Sadly, Ramage is not making this any easier. I was honestly and truly hoping this chapter would be easier to swallow, and that I would somehow develop this deep love and appreciation for the book and all it has to offer. Unfortunately, I'm still sitting here trying to force my eyes to read the words.
I think that when he constantly quotes works that are NOT his own, he's discrediting the fact that he's "oh-so-intelligent." Granted, I'm not saying that hes unintelligent, by any means. I just think that by ramming all these quotes and exerpts down our throats along with his practically incomprehensible vocab, he's only encouraging our eyes to glaze over faster.
Unfortunately, I absolutely hate this book and don't really understand it. I'm frustrated with the book and with myself for not being able to concentrate on it long enough to grasp the ideas that Ramage is trying to show us.
*Sigh* I guess that's all for now.

1 comment:

K. Mahoney said...

Lorrie, Lorrie...you'll get it. No beating oneself up now...especially when the frustration is with Ramage :-). I am curious where the book becomes hard, where you see "incomprehensible vocab," and how he goes about "ramming all these quotes and excerpts down our throats."

I guess I get interested in particulars...like specific places that he does these things.