Thursday, January 18, 2007

Allow Me To Re-introduce myself...

I would say my name is Hov, but Jay-z already stole my thunder. If that wasn't already an indication to some of musical tastes, for those who might not know, I'm a big fan of hip-hop. But, that's only the tip of the iceberg cause my tastes could be likened to that of a kaleidoscope with many different facets, making one big beautiful picture. With that said, I'll give you a peek into who's music I dig: Jimi Hendrix, Prince ( two of my favorite guitarists, and who have the most influence on my guitar playing) Nas, The Beatles, Miles Davis, 2Pac, B.B. King,Led Zeppelin, NWA, Bob Marley,Three Six Mafia, Mos Def, Nirvana,James Brown, Black Sabbath,Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sade...ok i guess thats enough range..plus im tired of listing, I could go on forever considreing i have 6500 songs on my ITunes playlist. Well since, I spoke on my guitar playing, I started teaching myself guitar roughly year ago from today and I love it. I took a different approach to it, but Im confident my plan will yield the results I want. Aside from music I enjoy writing, which would explain my choice of the prof. writing major, even though punctuation is my biggest pitfall (hold that thought if theres any in this posting) Movies are one of my fav past times. Comedies rank high pretty high with me.laughter is good for the soul. I'm a big Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor fan even tho their stand-up, stands alone(no pun intended). I also dig Johnny Depp, Denzel and Jack Nicholoson movies. Don Cheadle's pretty good too. I also like to catch NBA (Sixers and Nuggets), NFL (49ers, we'll be back to our glory days soon, still 5 rings tho)and MLB games.I'm a firm believer that people are judged by there character. Im also a firm believer that anyting is possible if u put enough faith into yourself as well as whatever higher being u believe in, if u believe in one. I'm a big day dreamer lol .Something i'm guilty of doing a lot in class and ontop of being really introverted, it doesnt lead to much willing class participation. But i'm full of ideas and thoughts and ive been told im pretty insightful. As far as participationg on the discussion on Rhetoric and Ramage, I can't at the time due to some financial issues. As far as I can see, from reading everyone's posts, I'm think im kinda glad I didnt have to be tortured. And i'm also writing this at almost 2 am which hints at me being a big procrastinator...maybe i should go to sleep b4 i incriminate myself some more.

No comments: