Monday, January 22, 2007

Ramage-It!


My face is melting. I already did my intro so here comes the assult of words I have against this damn book. After 5 minutes of reading it I felt as though I had my head in a pot of boiling water, and by the time I finished the first chapter I had discovered 3 grey hairs and 5 new wrinkles on my face! I'm 21 people! I'm way too young for this shizznat! Gathering from the posts and from our class discussion on Thursday, pretty much everyone feels the same. So I have come up with a wonderful idea, I say, we have a Bonfire/Kegger (21 to drink) where we stand around, drinking beer, laughing and roasting hot dogs over the burning disaster that is "A Users Guide to Rhetoric" anyone with me? I mean, this isn't a personal attack on Ramage himself, not really, but maybe next time he will write a less wordy, less pompous-ass sort of book. Just a suggestion. And maybe this semester no one will e-mail him to "check out our blog!" ...oops.

1 comment:

K. Mahoney said...

So, let me see...you don't like it? :-). For all we know Ramage is already reading the blog...he may have a fascination with the "goings on" with this class.

If there is to be a bonfire, we will have to roast p-dogs, however (bad, I know).