Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ramage 3

Hello everyone, once again. Well we are on chapter three and I think maybe it is getting slightly easier to read Ramage but as I have stated in class, I hope i am understanding what he is trying to stay. First he talks about his dog in chapter 2 and now he is talking about Death Of a Salesman and Gandhi. Then he proceeds to talk about President Bush's state of the union speech.

I would have to say a part that pulled me into the reading (which I might add does not happen often) is on page 83. "The first element of any rhetorical situation is the rhetorical act itself, which is usually, but not always, a verbal construct of some sort. The act can be further broken down unto the act's message and its medium." When Ramage talked about this particular point I understood and saw that the true message of President Bush [as Ramage states] that it was the president's desire to win popular support for the Iraq war. Thus, my understanding of what he ment by the act's message and medium.

See you in class!

No comments: