Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What the hell am I doing?

OK, here's the deal. I worte this essay that was supposed to be 3 pages long, but by the time I was done, I had almost 9. So the stuff i took out, i saved, and im using it for this final paper. I thought it was interesting, in my history class, when we covered the consequences of the cold war in latin america. I also found out- what i said in my last blog- was that the US was so obsessed with keeping out communism, that they never took the time to support democracy. In the end- the US backed a whole shitload of dictatorships where the dictator made sadaam look harmless- and still not even 40 years ago, we were sending troops over there to "crush the rebel insurgency," in effect, we may have shot their 'Paulo Revere' or 'Jorge Washington.' my paper will most likely take on a tone similar to Rutherford's or Lakoff's in respect to the anti-dictatorial and anti-imperialist movements in some of these countries. I have a bunch of good shit to go on too (hence the reason i typed an extra six pages) We watched the movie "four days in September" about Argentine rebels who kidnap an american ambassador because they know it will gain ALOT of media attention, and because the government won't allow the press to cover and report on the bank heists they've pulled. it gets better... The one book we read was written BY the rebel assasins who tracked down a Nicaraguan dictator to perforate his limo with M-16s and then fire an RPG through the back window. This topic was inevitable to be the last paper I write for this class. So now you know what the hell I'm doing.

No comments: