Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The thing that bugs me most about citation is all the zany parts you are suppose to find about a given website which seem completely inaccessible.

According to the OWL (online writing lab) these are the necessary components of citation:

Author(s). Name of Page. Date of Posting/Revision. Name of institution/organization affiliated with the site. Date of Access .

I often times find it hard to find a byline for a website.
The date of access & date of revision kind of bother me feeling unnecessary. While the site could be completelychanged I always feel bad because most likely the date of access is the night before the paper is due so i am clearly pinned as a procrastinator.

In reality what I am looking for is the bare minimum of acceptable information of an online citation. What is acceptable?

1 comment:

ehammelshaver said...

When you find out, tell me!
I usually try to include as much info as I can find.