Monday, April 17, 2006

So, instead of going to work one day, this guy went to a volcano...




For the final paper, I’m taking my idea for the second paper and using this time to expand on it. Originally, I was going to examine the teachings and other published works of the Raelian Movement (sometimes referred to as "The Cult of Elohim") and make note of what it is in their language that’s designed to persuade people to dedicate their lived- and their wallets- to this movement.
With the knowledge I’d gain from this analysis, I would make my own "cult" and use the persuasive language of the Raelians to persuade people to devote their lives- and can’t forget those wallets- to me.
In transforming this idea from second paper material, to Final Research Paper material, the general idea of my paper will remain the same, but some of the formatting will change and I will increase the spread of my research. I’ll look up more cults and read their examples of public discourse, comparing them with the Raelian movement. I’ll see if I can find themes and trends in the language.
Originally, I was going to write my cult statements immediately after the analysis of the Raelian cult statements. However, I think I’m going to hold out and save the last page or two for my statements. Save the best for last, I think.
I have a bit more planned out regarding my "cult" and the various persuasive arguments, but I don’t want to give too much away now. As per usual, I plan to use humor in my piece. Mostly to lessen the creepy-factor of trying to write something in a similar style to materials that are used for brainwashing.

No comments: