Thursday, April 06, 2006

Paper Idea



I will be writing my paper on the world of political talk radio. Since the beginning of time, God reserved political talk radio for the God-fearing Christians. Within the talk radio world there were religious shows and conservative political shows. Sure, there were pirate radio stations, web streams, and some local liberal shows scattered throughout the country, but there was never a strong, united company with syndicated programming. Then came Air America.

As “shock jock” radio goes extinct from the asteroid known as the FCC, and DJs are replaced by automation, the realm of political talk radio has gained some momentum. Now, there is an all out ratings war between the Rush Limbaughs and the Al Frankens. Radio show hosts are becoming more and more influential in political circles and I figured it would make a great paper. (In fact, Air America has an essay contest every year, so if I win I’ll throw a party for yall.)

No comments: