Wednesday, April 05, 2006

dave chappelle

I plan on doing my research paper on Dave Chappelle as an activist-not just a comedian. From doing stand-up to being an actor in his own show...he is not just funny-he's incredibly intelligent. He finds a way to tie important social issues into his skits and jokes. I recently saw him on the "Inside the Actors Studio", and it was really inspiring. He never forgets who he is, and he's always an effective communicator. So, I don't know why this is relevant to any of you... I guess that's the part that I need to work on...that whole...Why should anyone care about this? thing... I guess it's meaningful to me because...in the real world we are constantly shuffling between different situations...different audiences...going through different frames.. and it's important to always stay true to what you believe. When you have an...influential idea to share with the world, it's useful to know how to adapt to different circumstances..

No comments: