Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Paper Idea

Hey everyone. Well, I am not sure how far I will get with this topic, but hopefully it will work out. I am thinking about doing something about customer service departments in stores and expand it a little into the language and different aspects of this issue. The reason I thought of this is becuase I have worked as a Cust service rep in a grocery store and I now work at Target. Target has created it's own type of language that they believe helps their image. They refer to customers as "guests" and employees as "team members." They even actually have their own dictionary with all the other words and acronyms they use within their stores. To me, this is going a little overboard. I want to investigate other stores policies and research when the whoe "the customer is always right" craze began. Again, hopefully this will work out. I need to think of ways to expand I think, but I will continue to work on that.

No comments: