Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Beginnings

I started my research this past weekend for our paper. I am researching the banning of the novel Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence. As I read through books on the trial I found ideas for my paper coming to me. I am finding comments by Lawrence himself, government officials, and witnesses who spoke in court. Each of these quotes consist of different forms of language and persuasion. Each attempting to use their words to manipulate either the public to like or dislike the book. Basically everything we have learned in class is showing up as I research the different comments of the author, the public, and those prosecuting.

I intend to not only research the language used for and against the novel, but also how the public responded to the books banning, and discuss the public opinion of the book in present day.

No comments: