Monday, February 13, 2006

The Persuaders

I found the movie "The Persuaders" very interesting. It is amazing how far advertisers will go in order to sell a product. I found it interesting how they showed Times Square in NYC, as an example of a place so profound with advertising. However, for myself, when I got to Times Square I do not look at the advertisement as an advertisement but rather cool, huge lights and posters. This made me realize, that I myself am a consumer who has become immune to ads. I am exactly the kind of consumer they are trying to reach. We see so many ads everywhere that it is very difficult not to ignore them, or block the true message of the ad from our minds. I also found myself considering the fact that in reality these so called persuaders, are really coercers, atleast by Ramage's spectrum.

No comments: