Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Ok...

Ok, so ive been pretty sick for the past 5 days...seems my body is a wuss and cant kick the flu's ass. Anyway Im going to do my best to write about the Persuader's having watched it like a week ago. I really did enjoy this movie. It was a lot better than other movies/documentaries we have to watch in other classes. It really held my attention, partly by how much it stunned me to see what really goes on behind the scenes. Acxiom...yea not a fan of this place being able to sell this information about me to anyone. It really disturbed me to know that even my vote for a PRESIDENT is being tampered with. I am not voting on their true beliefs (most of the time) because they have this information about me they are much more likely to use that to their advantage and say what I want to hear. I feel that the evolution of advertising is almost hurting itself! With all "the clutter" they need to keep coming up with bigger and better ways to get and hold on to people's attention. In my paper I brought up another question that id like to post on here...when Ramage talks about gravitas (such a strong belief in something that people are almost willing to die for it) i wonder how this applies to advertisers. Its a sell-at-any-cost kind of market. Do they really believe in their product that much? Or are they willing to sell it no matter if its good for the customer or not because its their job? Just a few things that were running through my mind while watching this film. Overall though i did enjoy it!

No comments: