Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Lakoff-the great one of language?

unlike rammge, i find Lakoff to be boring and, quite frankly, uninspired. I found it very hard to read through and it felt like the author was rambling through a lot of liturgical nonsense about the role language in the modern world. I personally didn't like this. I felt like I was listening to a drunkard war vet going on and on and on about the big war he fought in like it was the only thing he knew about instead of something practical to enrich my life.
She uses some of the same tactics used by Rammage, offering weird and extreme examples to prove points that I couldnt understand the point of to begin with. perhaps upon a 2nd reading of the first two chapters then maybe ill get ti better and like it more. but as of now im more of a fan of Rammage.

No comments: