Thursday, January 24, 2008

What A Waste

Let me just start by flat out saying I hate this book. I feel that Ramage had too much time on his hands and just felt the need to ramble about completely useless and unnecessary things. Like honestly, I got nothing out of the first chapter. I was extremely disappointed when I opened up my book and within the first few lines it stated that there was going to be no definition of rhetoric given. I HATE THAT! When I am reading something, especially when the book is called Rhetoric, I would expect it to give a clear definition of what it is talking about.

I found chapter two a slight bit more interesting. I felt like there where things in it that a person could actually relate to. The one part that I really enjoyed reading about was the part where he broke down Shakespeare's sonnet. It just really grabbed my attention and I enjoyed that, but sadly my enjoyment ended about three pages later when the rambling began to continue once again. Like honestly, was the part about the Harley riders at all necessary? Or what about P-dog? I feel like this stuff is just written to take up space.

Finally though, I have made it through chapter 3. It was a struggle because I really didn't find anything interesting at all. I didn't care what the sidebars had to say, I found it all very boring. The only part that slightly sparked my interest was the area in which Ramage talked about law vs. propaganda and advertising.

Overall I hate this book and I can't wait until we are done reading it! It's nothing but a complete waste of paper.

No comments: