Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ramage makes me wanna Rampage!!!! (sometimes)

Although I do not find Ramage to be a clear writer, I will give credit where it is due. He does present critical thinking ideas that do for me two things: 1. Get me frustrated at times; 2. On a more serious note, Ramage displays that rhetoric is as common as the air we breath. As he states in chapter one page 2: "Those quacks and mountebanks on late-night TV who flog fat burning elastic belts practice rhetoric," "those shameless mopes who phone during diner and plead with us to buy a time-share in Orlando practice rhetoric." I do like how he found two Americanized ideals of corporate America and showed how this is rhetoric. Overall, despite what Ramage's writing style may be, it is more important as a reader to find key ideas and think about them. Rather than have Ramage tell us what it is, we should find our own theory because who's to say that we college students are not smart enough to come up with our own theory.

No comments: