Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ouch

So up until about 20 minutes ago I was slamming my head against the book hoping that some magical creative enlightenment of my horrible journey with rhetoric would pop into my head. After minor brain damage, it hit me. (Literally.. HA! Get it? Sorry... remember... brain damage)

Anyway, the best idea that I had was "The Wizard of Rhetoric". Being a play off of the Wizard of OZ, the main character is Dorothy, a serious person who doesn't know about rhetoric, is thrown into the world of rhetoric and "finds her way by going where she has to go." The Rhetoric Witch of the North, Ramage, is her guide, but he often rambles on and sometimes gets her lost. Along the way she meets serious characters similar to the tin man, scarecrow, and the cowardly lion (all whom I have yet to come up with insanely witty names for) who are trying to find a balance between their serious selves and rhetoric. Their largest obstacle, the Serious Witch of the West, hates rhetoricians. But of course there is the Wizard of Rhetoric who at first tries to scare them away by tricking them into thinking he is great and powerful and that he doesn't want them to have a balance between rhetoric and serious, but then turns out to be a little old man who has read a crappy book called "Rhetoric: A User's Guide" and is just really disgruntled and confused because the book was terrible and made no sense to him.

That's pretty much all that my bruised brain could come up with so far. Good luck to everyone!

No comments: