Wednesday, January 30, 2008

paper ideas

I've come up with some semblance of an outline, or maybe not quite an outline, but definitely some concrete ideas I am going to develop. I've started my journey off with me waking up on a bus, and forgetting how she got there. Eventually I wake up from my sleep-stupor, and realize I do know where I am going- I have a destination. While I know noone on the bus, a woman befriends me (her name is "Ramona"... aka Ramage... in a woman's body, weird!) and we get to talking. I ask her why she is traveling on this particular bus trip, and she surprises me to say that we are not on the destination I thought we were.
This journey signifies to me my complete lack of knowledge in rhetoric in only a mere two weeks ago, to where I am now, which is not really all that much. My preconceived notions have been slightly disproved, as I also learn on my journey, and I don't know where my final destination is in regards to learning in this class, as well as me in the story.
The story reflects a learning on my part, and along the way I think the focus will be the "describe what it isn't to get what it is" that is talked about in the book. Also, some persuasion tactics that are discussed in Chapter 3 will come into play. I have so many ideas I want to discuss, but I know that by focusing on just two or three, my story will be coherant, and not just rushed & incomplete.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVED your story...its really well written and i find it really funny. im excited to hear more!