Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I finally did it!

I feel like such a dork. I really couldn't figure out how to post on the blog but I just wasn't signed in correctly...duh.

Anyway, in reference to this "journey" assignment, I've decided that the best way to approach it is to personify the topics I found to be most interesting (and UN interesting as it were) in Ramage's writing. For example, I plan on having the narrator be someone viewed as "serious" who just can't seem to understand the people around her and their "un-serious" behavior. These people will personify rhetoric in all its glory, concentrating mainly on identity, persuasion and persistence. While there are many people out there who could be considered "serious", I would have to say that more often than not people are arguing about something. Thus, I want to create the view that this main character (whatever his/her name becomes) feels like an outsider. This character chooses not to partake in any kind of confrontational situation and furthermore does not quite understand rhetoric at all. This leads to social awkwardness and leaves him/her unable to contribute anything of importance in day to day conversation. I suppose my story will become rhetoric in some shape or form because I will ultimately be trying to convince the reader that living a life without rhetoric is like living the boring, colorless life of my main character. However, this does not in any way, shape or form suggest that Ramage is a necessity for fruitful existence.

:) amanda

No comments: