Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Rhetoric is fun.

Greetings. My name is Aimee and I’m a junior writing major with a minor in advertising.
I’m slightly outraged as I read/reflect on the posts the class has written concerning Ramage’s text. He tells us on the first page he is not going to give us a concrete definition of rhetoric, so why fight it?
I was psyched to find Ramage’s approach to rhetoric is abstract, open to interpretation, full of contradictions, and a bit stream of consciousness. It’s a great text for the classroom because it’s highly debatable. As an added bonus, it’s nearly impossible to give incorrect answers.
I think the reading might have been a bit more interesting had it included more quotes such as “You never step in the same river twice” and “You step in one river, you’ve stepped in ‘em all.” You can agree with either under various circumstance, and in doing so, help shape your identity.
Until next blog...

No comments: