Monday, September 11, 2006

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to blog I go....

Hey all, I'm Lindsay...a Secondary Ed English major. I find it interesting and rather amusing that we have to post on a blog for class since I'm already an avid blogger on another site.

After reading the chapter a few times there was one sentence in the beginning that has stuck in my head to help clear the cobwebs of what rhetoric really is. "What matters is not the truth of a statement but the effect on an audience." (*page 5 in the first paragraph*) Maybe that has nothing to do with it buuuuut it clicked some type of light on in my head.

I'm looking foward to class tomorrow to see what we all have to say. =D

1 comment:

Karaszkiewicz said...

LINDSAY!!! Yeah, that statement was pretty much the only thing I could comprehend in this mess of a book. And I really tried, too...