Tuesday, September 12, 2006

rhetor-a-huh?

Hey everyone! My names Jenna and I'm a senior writing major at Kutztown. I live in NJ w/ my family and a bunch of birds [totally not joking, my Mom is an obsessive animal lover haha]Anyway I started reading about rhetoric, but immediately found myself caught up in the fact that to me, rhetoric is a philosophy. Its a little hard to place an answer to a subject that has the depth of a million questions, so I am a little caught on how exactly I want to take rhetoric as.

Ramage uses "Serious People" and "Rhetorical People" within his text, and is able to draw a distinctive line. While the Serious People tend to search for the difinitive and certain answers to questions, Rhetorical People are less for characterizing a situation or thing, and more opt to find their own way and make their own answers; whether they make sense or not. Rhetoric therefore focuses less on the end, but more on the journey to wherever it may be.

I am going to start reading the article now, but I hope I didn't sound too much like I am pulling stuff outta you know where, and I really do have the right concept to what rhetoric may mean. Uh... yeah.

No comments: