Monday, February 25, 2008

Responses for the past few classes UHG!

Well, to begin this is my second time watching the movie The persuaders. I really did like watching it even the second time through because it shows how the people in PR actually think. They get really involved in their products, but it works as oddly as they are acting at the time. Since I have watched the movie I have been paying close attention to tv shows (with the little time that I have to watch tv) and have seen many ads within the tv show that could possibly appeal to a person. For example I was watching american Idol last week and it showed the judges drinking from a coke a cola glass...which could have an affect on someone wanting a drink. Just small things that I didn't get from the movie the first time around make me think a little more...like eventually how are PR people going to eventually surpass what they have already done and "break through" sort of say. But enough anout the movie lets continue on with the readings.

The first thing that we had to read for last week (which honestly I didn't read till yesterday) I found hard to get through. It really did not peak my interest or was something that I understood until it got to the examples about the hat. I thought i was really interesting how a "Big Name" like Vogue and a few pretty girls could really sell a hat, but I guess that is why we use models and famous people right?

I actually really like reading the word lab, and I think this was part of the movie that we watched because I remember the whole lab that he was conducting. I can't believe that there is an actual book out that that politicans use, but honestly I guess nothing should suprise me anymore. I think it is so interesting on the words we use and how we use them could really make a person's decision, and I am sure that I am the same way. Words that are no so offensive and that have a strong feeling towards one thing or another will make a person's choice, but not so strong words wont help persuade a person. Humm...thats pretty nifty for debates that possibly could be in the future...

Lastly, the article that we read called "The Disenchanted Man" I thought that was interesting as well. Maybe we can't push a person into their opinion...and their belief is their belief and there is no changing that. Their example of people voting is a good one showing that not matter how hard a person will trying to get people to vote if they feel strongly against something for whatever reason there is no making them budge.

Just a few feelings I have on what we read...can't wait to hear what other people have to say.


No comments: