Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Persuaders Unleashed

The film The Persuaders was interesting because I knew all of these adds exist and that the amount of available space on our dear mother earth is ever so rapidly decreasing due to the growing world of adverts. I found it really interesting that there is actually a company that tracks all of your purchases and basically makes you into a walking merchandise target. The people at Song airline would never sell me a ticket on any of their planes simply because the cabin of the liners looked like every circus that I have ever encountered in my entire life. Other than that fact, I have realized that my so-called individuality has really just made me a target for bankruptcy and a house jam packed with "neat" stuff.
I was quite disturbed when certain individuals were interviewed for being part of a "clan" for a product. These members of product families fit every stereotype assosciated with the product, hence why they assosciated. I thought that these people were ridiculous until I realized that I was not much different. God Damn me and my idealization of the German maufactured... VOLKSWAGON! Hippy dippy riding along in the car and I think that I am so unique. As a good friend once told me, "You are not unique. Do you think that you and your situation are so special that nobody else has ever experienced it before or after you?" Wow was he right. It's 2008 so can someone please tell me why I ever assosciated a car with hippies. Real hippies tread the earth and the people who wish that they were hippies buy a VW Beetle. Mark a point for the persuaders because they have me pegged.

No comments: