Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Persuaders

Persuaders. I am seriously FREAKED out.

Watching that video in class made me seriously consider what I am watching and looking at on TV and the Internet. I look for meaning in every color, every symbolic reference, every motto and every catch phrase. I'm beginning to go crazy. I think.

Like I brought up in class last Thursday, the fact that the video reminded me A LOT of the novel, Feed, gives me chills. I feel as though we are only inches away from putting chips in our brains and letting the ads, the fads and the trends rule our lives. And that would be even simplier then clicking a mouse! The video has given me a new perspective on how I look at adveristments and even movies where product placement is evident.

However, I think I'll still hold on to my iPod. =)

Peace out.

No comments: