Friday, February 22, 2008

The Persuaders

Unlike some of the other students in this class, this was the first time I experienced this movie. I found it extremely interesting, not realizing how much goes into adds. Advertisers pick out exact details that are directed to specific people. Unfortunately, I do not recall the name of the system that tracks every persons information so they are able to target adds specificaly towards them. It keeps tabs on all the products they buy and what not. I found that segment of the movie incredibly interesting.

Everywhere you look, you see basically a walking advertisement. A person listening to their Ipod, a girl wearing her Ugg Boots, or even a student sporting a piece of Kutztown clothing. In some way they are advertising a company, a brand, or a school. I am not in anyway saying that this is a bad thing, i just never really realized it, but with this movie, my eyes were just really opened up to all these things.

No comments: