Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Persuasion Gone MAD!

So, what do Bernays, Lippman, Luntz, etc.. all have in companion? Well, they would have persuaded me! Feeling easily confused, or suffocated by Rhetoric, or how about being persuaded into individuality? How about trying a low dose of an election year of being stuck between one candidate and another? Who is the better liar, or shall we just call them a crusader of persuasion. I think not! Your vote matters, your opinion counts, but how so? Its an age old question of who is an individual and how is not in our democracy. Well, according to Bernays, Lippman, Luntz, etc... we all have a point in which we are easily buy able or persuaded. I was walking in the mall the other day when I realized i just needed to put down the items in my hand. Yes, materialistic is what I was being, but was i being persuaded. The answer there involved much thinking over my purse and self proclaimed new watch all because the actresses on T.V. had them. Oh, shit, that's right I was just doped. My life was handed over to me in persuasion. When does the madness ends? How do I catch myself in the act? I can't because unfortunately I'm like most Americans a Consumer... Bernays, Lippman, and Luntz my mind has been persuaded, you've won this round!

No comments: