Tuesday, October 02, 2007

People

I was trying to read the articles, but people have no respect for the purpose of a library and refuse to shut their pie holes. So....I cannot concentrate on Bernays' article. Anyway...I tried to read Lippmann's if I had to I think that I would categorize his article as coercive. Even though Lippmann did not threaten directly, I got semi-threatening vibes from the article. He says that he will not denounce the private citizen further, after he already kind of does. He also, to me, has a menacing tone about his piece. Even though he states that he does not blame people for their disenchantment, I have the feeling he does to a degree. I swear I will post again when I am able to really give the articles the attention they deserve, like after class tonight.

No comments: