Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Luntz Response

"Americans are easily bored. If something doesn't shock or surprise us, we move on to something else. We are always in search of the next big thing, whether it be the next American Idol, a new television "reality" show, a new gee-whiz techno-gizmo, the latest Madonna makeover, or something else that we haven't seen or heard of before. Our tastes change as quickly as the seasons, and we expect the rest of society to keep up" (Rule 5).

This part really stuck out to me. It's true how fast everything has to be for us. We want the best that's out there, and we want it to work fast. I know sometimes I'm sitting down at my computer, waiting for it to load and it runs so "slow." It only takes like 5 minutes to boot up or 30 seconds for a page to load, but it seems so long. And I know loads of people who want the new blackberry phone (Or whatever it's called) when their old cell phone is perfectly fine. This new phone is like a computer, mp3 player, and a phone combined. It's new, and it's flashy, so people want it. We get bored with things fast. I've had my laptop for 2 years and I catch myself saying "This peice of junk is so old." We just assume everyone now-a-days has a computer, and do so much through e-mail, AIM, and blogging, that people who do not have a computer get left behind.

No comments: