Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I enjoyed the casual tone that Luntz used in writing this piece. It demonstrates his point that using simple language and relating your content to your audience will help readers to better understand what you're trying to say.

Although, like Courtney, I think a lot of what Luntz has to say is common sense, I found rule number five interesting:“Novelty: Offer Something New.”I think it’s amazing that through repetition, Robert Shapiro not only created the phrase ‘accidental manslaughter’ but made use of it. Also, I would have thought it likely that the phrase would have become one that would be used again, a norm; instead Luntz says the phrase has not been used since. I also thought it was interesting to hear about the way that Shapiro questions his jury before a trial, manipulating their prejudgements about his client.

No comments: