Tuesday, March 04, 2008

hmmm.I think I know what to do...I hope.

I'm sure this paper is not hard. It's weird, we have the freedom to write on past texts, whatever way we want, yet, we struggle because we have no guidance. At a chance at creative and free writing we are stuck wondering where to start. I guess the best way to do this paper is to find what makes us click. Sure, politics can be confusing (Texas primary and caucus?) but believe it or not, our beliefs all have a place in politics. For example, in Lippmann's essay, he states that this nation is comprised of both agents and bystanders, which is us. Most people that I associate with (college students) lack the knowledge of what exactly politics mean, myself included. However, it is up to politicians to find ways to catch our attention. An example is Barack Obama saying he wants to lower the cost of higher education. That then in effect catches our attention, the college student. Another college student may be more interested in immigration. If he likes Obama's stance on immigration then he/she may vote for Obama. Like we went over in class, Lippmann says that one idea could represent a1 another a2 and so on, but in the end, our votes all link in the end to form an A. I think this makes sense to others. The idea is, try to link the reading up to events an/d or beliefs in our own lives that we feel strongly about. That is where you will find what to write about.

I hope Lippmann is not right that we have no guidance and therefore don't take place in public events. He seems to make a good point especially with this paper we are writing.

No comments: