Wednesday, August 29, 2007

And so it goes..

I will start this entry off by saying that I am terrible at writing about myself; so please, do not expect much. My name is Jamie Hicks and I am, as many are, a Secondary Education major concentrating in English. I transferred to Kutztown from Harrisburg Area Community College - Gettysburg. I am living on campus, NOT commuting from Gettysburg, and have found a very comfortable home in the Education House. As much as I love it here so far, being a transfer student has not made my entry into the college easy. I'm not sure if I am a Freshman or a Sophomore and am still trying to figure out how many credits I need to make up to be ahead of, or at least only slightly behind, what is required.

I have not joined any clubs so far but I plan to audition for the University Choir, the Sunshine Players and Newsbreak. Like many new students I am learning that home sickness is a real disease; I am hoping that it will be at least partially cured when I go home to visit my family for Labor Day.

Last semester, at HACC, I took an argumentative writing course. We covered many sections and spent about one quarter of the course on Visual Rhetoric. Though I did receive a fairly high score on my Rhetoric paper, I found the subject to be uninteresting and tedious. The fact that my teacher was a complete idiot, however, might have something to do with that. I look forward to taking another stab at the subject and surviving my very first 3 hour class this semester.

No comments: