Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Paper Ideas

I have a few ideas for this paper that I'm considering. I'm really excited about the freedom we have with this paper. Is it weird I'm actually looking forward to writing it? I'm probably going to do it in narrative form. I have 2 or 3 ideas in my head right now.
I'm mainly concerned with the workings of the major media corporations and how this ultimately affects society. I was either going to look at propaganda and coercion within the larger media companies and how it impacts society - or how the media is possibly dumbing down society or molding our identities to fit their needs.
I was also interested in the examples Luntz put throughout his Words that Work piece about Robert Shapiro's use of words to make the judges feel uncomfortable and allow O.J. Simpson to appear innocent despite the incriminating evidence against him. I'd like to explore this a bit more in order to understand the integrity of our legal system.

No comments: