Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lakoff

First off we go on Spring Break to clear our heads and I don't know about everyone else, but im still pretty much burned out!

Other then that, I would have to say that I actually understood what Lakoff was saying here! I could actually follow along with his statements!

One phrase I really liked was on page 49. "We need our frames and conventional assumptions. These form the glue that holds cultures together and allows individuals within those cultures to feel like competent members of a cohesive community" Upon reading this statement, I understood exactly was Lakoff was saying. Without our frames and conventional assumptions, we would not be competent members of a community.

Well that is all for now....I am looking forward to handing in our paper(FINALLY) and for our class discussion!!!

No comments: