Monday, December 05, 2005

Final Paper/Guidelines

As I began writing my paper, all procrastination aside, I decided that I didn't like my stupid topic. I guess you can say that sometimes I feel like I need to look so deep inside something for meaning when, in fact, meaning can sometimes be found out in the open. So I switched my dumb Derrida/Saussere idea to a more light hearted topic, one that is seen every day in the media and in the public world. I am going to be looking at the role humor has in shaping politics, and, in turn, shaping public opinion. Suprisingly, however, when I dove into the books this weekend, I found little support for my topic. I hope the library will help me posture my argument.

I guess my next step is to ask a question. After starting to write I couldn't find any guidelines for the paper. I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be 8-10 pages, and I'd rather be positive than pretty. So, does anyone have specific guidelines on length, amount of resources, et cetera? Thanks for the help!

No comments: